Second round of applications announced!
The next deadline for LEADER funding applications will be Friday 14th October 2016. For details on the application process please see the "Application and Claims" section of this website.
WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS UNDER THEME 3:
SMALL BUSINESS SUPPORT AND FARM DIVERSIFICATION
Projects considering applying under any of the 3 themes below, are being encouraged to do so now as future LEADER funding cannot be guaranteed until there is more information on what impact the decision to leave the EU will have.
For application details please see the "Application & Claims" section of this website.
Argyll and the Islands LEADER 2014 – 2020
The overall aim of the Argyll and the Islands LEADER Local Development Strategy is to:
“Support community-led economic growth and sustainable rural development
within the Argyll and the Islands LAG area.”
We this aim in mind the following programme objectives were identified;
- halting and reversing the declining population;
- supporting and developing a stronger local economy;
- broadening the scope of economic activity at a local level;
- creating long-term sustainable employment particularly in those areas identified as having a fragile economic base; and
- building on our unique natural and cultural heritage.
We will seek to address these objectives with the following three themes:
- Strengthening the rural economy by maximising the sustainable use of our natural, cultural and heritage resources as an economic driver.
- Enhancing the services and facilities in the Argyll and the Islands area to attract individuals, families, visitors and investors to grow and maintain economically viable communities.
- Small Business Support including Farm Diversification
For more information on Small Business Support please see the following leaflet; A4 Leaflet - Small Business Support PDF.pdf
For more information on Farm Diversification please see the following leaflet;